CROSS! I came across this cross in a courtyard while wandering around Mt. Dora (during the worldwide photowalk) and it immediately reminded me of the traditional hymn 'The Old Rugged Cross'. "To that old rugged Cross I will ever be true, it's shame and reproach gladly bear; then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His glory forever I'll share." This hymn causes me to reflect on my commitment to my faith in Jesus and remember that no matter what temptations come my way I must always try to take up my cross and follow Him. The way of the cross will lead us home.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
C is for...
CROSS! I came across this cross in a courtyard while wandering around Mt. Dora (during the worldwide photowalk) and it immediately reminded me of the traditional hymn 'The Old Rugged Cross'. "To that old rugged Cross I will ever be true, it's shame and reproach gladly bear; then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His glory forever I'll share." This hymn causes me to reflect on my commitment to my faith in Jesus and remember that no matter what temptations come my way I must always try to take up my cross and follow Him. The way of the cross will lead us home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment