I have loved photography for as long as I can remember. I love everything about it. I love that with the push of a button, in that very instant I can freeze time and am left with a precious memory that lasts forever. I love that it makes me view the world in a completely different way. I love that photography can take something completely ordinary and turn it into something extraordinary. I love that through photography I can capture the beauty of God's creation. I love photography beacause...well...I just DO!
From the ripe old age of 3, I was begging my parents to let me get behind the camera. Fortunately, I have very patient parents who indulged me, resulting in many portraits with chopped off heads and shoulders. My mom likes to tease that I was simply developing my style early as I am still notorious for (intentionally) cropping out the very top of my subject's head in a close up. My love affair with photography continued through elementary school when I was the photographer for our 5th grade play, through middle school taking numerous silly snapshots while hanging out with friends, and on into high school when I took my first photography class. Then, I was truly hooked. I learned some technical aspects and how to use a dark room (thank goodness for digital...although there is something about film that I do miss!). I got away from my passion during my undergrad years at University of Florida (although you could never find me without a disposable camera in my purse), through grad school (where I became responsible enough to upgrade to a point-and-shoot), and my first few years of marriage but I was always still "that girl" who took too many pictures. Then, two years into our marriage we found out we were expecting; a precious baby boy named Jackson! It was then that I began begging Tyson for a "real" camera. Three years later...I finally got one! As of January I became the proud owner of a Nikon D5000. Since then, a wonderful photographer took me under his wing as his assistant and the rest as they say is history.
Through my lens (and this blog!) I hope to share all the joy I find in this beautiful world and God's bountiful blessings! That's all for now!
~Jenn
From the ripe old age of 3, I was begging my parents to let me get behind the camera. Fortunately, I have very patient parents who indulged me, resulting in many portraits with chopped off heads and shoulders. My mom likes to tease that I was simply developing my style early as I am still notorious for (intentionally) cropping out the very top of my subject's head in a close up. My love affair with photography continued through elementary school when I was the photographer for our 5th grade play, through middle school taking numerous silly snapshots while hanging out with friends, and on into high school when I took my first photography class. Then, I was truly hooked. I learned some technical aspects and how to use a dark room (thank goodness for digital...although there is something about film that I do miss!). I got away from my passion during my undergrad years at University of Florida (although you could never find me without a disposable camera in my purse), through grad school (where I became responsible enough to upgrade to a point-and-shoot), and my first few years of marriage but I was always still "that girl" who took too many pictures. Then, two years into our marriage we found out we were expecting; a precious baby boy named Jackson! It was then that I began begging Tyson for a "real" camera. Three years later...I finally got one! As of January I became the proud owner of a Nikon D5000. Since then, a wonderful photographer took me under his wing as his assistant and the rest as they say is history.
Through my lens (and this blog!) I hope to share all the joy I find in this beautiful world and God's bountiful blessings! That's all for now!
~Jenn
(family photo shot by my good friend Kim D.)
so glad you finally started a blog! i look forward to seeing more of your beautiful pictures!
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are beautiful. Can't wait to see more.
ReplyDelete